INGREDIENTS (for 4 people):
- 300 g Fusilli pasta
- 100 g Fava beans without pods
- 25 g Pine nuts
- 50 g young Tuscan Pecorino cheese
- 100 g Finocchiona (Tuscan Salami with Fennel)
- 1/2 white Onion
- Salt, Pepper and EVO Oil
- In a pan, brown the diced onion with EVO Oil
- Once the onion is cooked, add a handful of Fava beans. Cook them by adding water.
- When the Fava beans are soft, add the finely diced "Finocchiona" and sauté quickly. Do not add salt in the preparation: the flavor will be released from the salami and pecorino cheese.
- Using a mixer, create a pesto with Fava beans, pecorino cheese, pine nuts and EVO oil. If the beans were not fresh, we suggest blanching them first and removing the peel, to obtain a better pesto.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water. Drain them directly in the pan with the whole Fava beans and Finocchiona. Mix everything to flavor the pasta well.
- In a bowl put the pesto with a ladle of cooking water. Pour the fusilli and stir everything until get a creamy and well-seasoned pasta.